Tahajjud prayer ?
Question:I have some doubts in my mind regarding tahajjud prayer and those doubts are as
1) IS tahajjud prayer a sunnah or nafl?
2) There are how many rakats in the prayer?
3) What is the best time to offer it?
4) can it be offered just before fajr prayer?
1) Tahajjud is a Nafl prayer.
2) There are a minimum of two and a maximum of eight or twelve (in some narrations) raka’ats.
3) The best time to offer the prayr is after two-thirds of the night has passed, as has been mentioned in the Hadith.
4) Tahajjud can be offered just before dawn, which is the beginning of Fajr Salah.