How to perform Sajida tilawat ?
I would like to know while reciting quran at home , there is
some ayat that you have to do sajida tilawat if so could you please tell me how to
preform it and if there is any special ayat to read.
There are fourteen places in the Qur’an where prostrating becomes compulsory immediately. These verses of prostration can be found in the following Surahs;
A’raf, Ra’d, Nahl, Bani Israel, Maryam, Hajj, Furqan, Naml, Alif Lam Mim Tanzil
Swaad, Ha-Mim Sajda, Najm, Inshiqaq and Alaq
Method of Sajda
When a person intends to perform a Sajda, then he will;
Read Takbir without raising his hands.
Then he will perform one Sajda.
He recites Takbir again and raises his head.
He does not have to recite Salam or Tasahhud.
● Anyone who recites a verse of prostration is required to perform Sajda immediately. The same applies to the one who hears such a verse, even if he heard it unintentionally.
● If the Imam recites a verse of prostration, then the Muqtadis (the ones performing Salah behind him) will perform the Sajda too. If the Muqtadi recites it [in prayer], then neither him or the Imam is required to prostrate.
● If someone is performing Salah and hears a verse of prostration from someone who is not performing Salah, then he himself will perform the Sajda for it after the prayer. If he does perform the Sajda in the Salah itself then it will not validate his prayer.
● If someone recites a verse of prostration and does not do Sajda, and then he reads the same verse in Salah, then the Sajda he does in prayer will count for both verses; the one he read before outside Salah and the one in Salah. If he read the verse outside prayer, then performed the Sajda for it, and then read the same verse again in prayer, the first Sajda will not be sufficient for him. In other words, he will be required to perform a Sajda in prayer.
● Whoever recites a verse of prostration several times in one sitting, then he only has to perform the Sajda once.
● If a person for some reason cannot perform Sajda at the moment of recitation and intends to perform it later, then he should recite immediately, Sami'na wa Ata'na ghufraanaka wa ilaykal Masir. Later, he then does the prostration.